Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
timgarvey
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Re: Red X Shown On Battery

As I am not an expert in Blackberrys I am not getting into a yes he did/ no he didn't argument. The point is that the Battery which was part of a Batch purchased from the Manufacturer was of a type which could not be used unless the code from the original battery was copied over to the replacement. The person in the shop who originally sold the battery was new and had no knowledge of this. The person who subsequently sorted the issue did and it was sorted in minutes. Not a big deal. I just thought it may be the cause of some of the issues reported here.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sorry, timgarvey, you might have misunderstood me...  I said BlackBerry does not sell chinese knockoffs.

Obviously your retailer (which wasn't BlackBerry) is/was selling chinese knockoffs. BlackBerry itself does not sell batteries, and your retailer must have gotten a batch from third party distribution.

This is nothing new, the knockoff batteries have been around for several years, and yes they sometimes do require a 'code' to activate the battery. What you experienced is not odd for those type batteries.

I understand.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
skywalker165
My Device: Blackberry Z10

The thing is if you dont have the option to buy OEM battery then non OEM battery is the only option and somehow it works. But the point is why in the first place the Red X appear and why RIM is not able to resolve or provided any solution to this problem.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

skywalker, the problems has been resolved for many who've done what's been suggested in this thread and a couple others.

Do you have the same issue?

skywalker165 wrote:

The thing is if you dont have the option to buy OEM battery

I don't know where you're located and why you wouldn't have the option to buy OEM batteries.

Where?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
skywalker165
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I am from Pakistan.

Although all latest models of BB are available here but when it comes to accessories of BB, especially 9900 it is a different matter. For 9900 battery I checked from quite a lot of shops but was not able to find a genuine replacement. For other popular brands it’s not a great issue.

My point is again, why in the first place this happens and what is the root cause of this problem of “Red X”. Do we have any concrete reason or solution by RIM?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

skywalker165 wrote:

I am from Pakistan.

Although all latest models of BB are available here but when it comes to accessories of BB, especially 9900 it is a different matter. For 9900 battery I checked from quite a lot of shops but was not able to find a genuine replacement. For other popular brands it’s not a great issue.

My point is again, why in the first place this happens and what is the root cause of this problem of “Red X”. Do we have any concrete reason or solution by RIM?

Hi skywalker165,

There are various reason of battery depletion. Primary reason, how good is your cellphone coverage? Secondly, what OS version are you running on your phone? Because at time older OS versions causes leaks which are addressed through release of new OSs.  Third, apps running in the background? (hold menu-key a few seconds). Some other reasons are use of un authorized chargers, battery depletion to such an extent that the phone shuts down.

Check the below articles on battery issues -

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Capo69
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9900

[ Edited ]

What does counterfeit batteries ???

There is a battery manufacturer and batteries from other manufacturers.

We all make it clear that the fault is not in our TV.

This problem originates BlackBerry.

Let's face it, these are licensing issues.

Worldwide, it has the only BlackBerry.

And it is clear to everyone that it can not be okay with some hang and tricks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Sorry, Capo, the problem originates with the battery manufacturer and I have no idea why you're speaking of TVs here. We're working on BlackBerry handheld smartphones.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Capo69

I bought two batteries from two different manufacturers.
Both batteries could not make the phone not work.
Batteries are fine, but the BlackBerry is not well.
My phone works with the old battery.
With the new battery does not.
I wrote saying that the problem is not on our TV (in the sense of our phones), the problem is the company's BlackBerry
In other words, I have not understood:
The problem is called BLACKBERRY
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Capo69

[ Edited ]

In Bulgaria we also understand from your phone (smartphone).

Our position and the opinion is that the problem is licensing the company's Blackberry.

Blackberry not allow the phone to work with other batteries.

Please use plain text.