Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Capo69
My Carrier: Mtel

Re: Red X Shown On Battery

Delmonique

Colleague to me this trick does not work with a combination of buttons.

Nothing happens as you apply this trick.

Do not know why, but I do it as described above.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rb26
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

izzylou wrote:

One whole day my phone ha had the red x now.

If I was to ring up my service provider, would they be able to do anything like take it to be repaired???

Try this:

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

I had this same same problem with my curve 9300 just now. I'd had it on charge for a few hours when I noticed it had turned off. When I tried to turn it back on i got the red x shown on battery. I tried a few things which didn't work. Then I was about to do the steps suggested by JSanders. I plugged the phone in via the usb lead into my windows laptop and after a few mins the phone just rebooted and came on fine. I'm still worried that it might do it again.

Also I'm really pissed off with blackberry because this is the secound curve 9300 I've had that's developed a fault. The last one I had about 16months and the trackpad broke. Then I got a brand new curve 9300 had it about a month and it's started to do this. I think I'm just going to have to hurry up and get an android phone on my upgrade.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

I'd be looking seriously at the apps or themes you have install. One of those could the culprit in this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rb26
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

It shouldn't be becuase all the apps I have installed are either offical blackberry apps i.e made my rim or made by reconsied companys e.g. skysports or offical tottenham hostpurs app. So they shouldn't have any glitches/viruses in them.

Also it's worked fine all day yesterday and came back on when it was meant to this morning and stayed on.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

lol, none of them have viruses, so forget that.

Just because an app is official to the "tottenham hotspurs" doesn't mean it's not a piece of **bleep** app.

RIM didn't build it, and there are a number of poorly built apps in BlackBerry world. And themes.

Official apps like Twitter, Facebook, BBM, etc., I'd be concerned less with.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BritishRider
My Carrier: Orange

This is a very simple permanent fix and should not cost you any money.

The problem could be the battery but more than likely isn't.

Most of the time the problem is with the 4 pairs of connecting pins that connect the battery to the motherboard.

The 4 pins need to be in good contact and correctly alligned with the motherboard.

You will need to take apart the phone, you will need to locate the battery pins which are on the middle plate (the housing) and adjust the pins that connect to the motherboard. You need to be careful when doing this.

I would reccomend using some rubbing alcohol between the connections to make the connection even better.

This is a common issue with the Curve phones.

Even if the pins look fine to you, trust me they are very sensitive so you need to get them aligned just right.

Please see this image below to see what I am talking about...

Please use plain text.
Joeldyirianto13
My Carrier: IND TELKOMSEL

It works. Thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.
Kershysalford2013
My Carrier: Vodaphone

I have just got my bb torch back from my mates after being on holiday for 5 wks and the same thing a red cross on the charge indicater same as the pic below. i have installed a lot of things from app world on it hope its not that, i recently bought a new batt off ebay it was working fine untill like i said left it to gon holliday. now a red cross fuemmming.... i have put my old batt in and it works fine so iam going to leave it charging for a few hours say 8 hrs should be surfice, if that dont work i will put my old batt back in and delete all apps and sod it compleate wipe and then try my new batt. will keep you all informed if u understood a word i just said. gd luck pps.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

The apps you've installed have nothing to do with the red X/battery on the screen.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Gioo_Prodigy
My Carrier: Digicel- Jamaica

Hey this might seem weird and crazy at the same time but it worked for me and now my bold 9790 is working now... in my opinion your battery might be completely dead... check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtv7qKf8tQ and follow exactly what he did .. it worked for me so maybe it'll work for you 

Please use plain text.