Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

natebell
Accepted Solution

Red "sos" all the time!

Im getting a red sos where the signal indicator should be all the time! even in places where i used to have full service! is my phone broken??
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khartig

Re: Red "sos" all the time!

I had this issue with my Curve.  Try removing the battery while the unit is on.  Let it reboot, should take only a few minutes.  This took care of mine.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mawnstroe

Sorry to hear about the frustration!  If you have a red X like you're having then you may have a problem with one of five things (generally): 1) SIM card is dying; 2) System software on phone is messed up; 3) There is something physically wrong with the phone; 4) Your service provider is having a problem with their service (towers, base stations, certain SIM cards are having problems); or 5) Your service provider is not having a general problem but a specific problem that applies to your account only.  Before contacting your service provider, you can additionally try pulling the SIM card and ensuring that the contacts are clean.  If that's OK, then try your SIM card in another phone...is the signal OK in another phone?  Finally, if you are comfortable with it...reinstall the system software for your phone.  You should be able to go to your service provider's web site and get the handheld software for your phone.  Even if you have the latest software, you can still reinstall it to fix any system glitches.  If those steps don't help, it's either the phone or your service provider.

Hope that helps!

"Once you label me you negate me." Soren Kierkegaard

Tim J
Colorado Springs, CO
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arnoldx10
My Carrier: 993763930

Como arreglar mi Problema de SOS en mi blackberry please
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arnoldx10
My Carrier: 993763930

how to fix my problem on my blackberry SOS please
Please use plain text.
Jesslohman
My Carrier: Sprint

I solved this issue for one of my customers today. Here were our steps:

Options > Network & Connections > Mobile Network > Network Technology should be sent to 1xEV.

As soon as we switched it back the SOS disappeared. SMS started incoming immediately and voice tests were successful!

Please use plain text.