Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Zuthos
My Device: BB curve 8520
Accepted Solution

Reload Software: 507

Hello,

Excuse my bad english. But i'm French.

I have a BB Curve 8520.

I want to upgrade my phone. But when I want to do, the software tells me that an error occurred. My phone is no longer a terse message: "Reload Software: 507"

I can't use this.

Help me please....

:Helpsmilie:

Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: Reload Software: 507

Error 507 means the device does not detect any operating system installed on the device.

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

VIA | 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-software/error-507-reload-software/m-p/1477...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
dzgysca
My Device: Curve 8530

hi, just pointing out that your link takes me directly to carrier list all over the world. I've tried 2 and all files ending with EXE, which is for windows. I happened to use a macbook... do you have a link for mac as well? please advise. thanks!
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac 

Article ID: KB19915

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Zuthos
My Device: BB curve 8520

Hello,

Thank you for your invitation.

I solved my problem with patience.

I do not have a Mac, but Linux.

Thank you all the same

New Contributor
dzgysca
My Device: Curve 8530

thanks for the reply. my question now, why does my device reloads fine and why my husband's device ends up with error 507. both are 8530. I bought both in the same store. same carrier set up. and now my husband's device doesn't have (in the wrench icon, add-on applications section) maps, maps installer, password keeper, dod root certificates, s/mime support pack, tasks, memopad, and application center.

I asked this to bb support and they told me I have to tell my provider to ask them that. weird. and so I asked my provider and they said I have to ask bb support myself because they only can care for the signal quality and bb network coverage.

confusing.
Matjay
My Device: 8520

Reload software: 507

I have been successful after following the steps. Thanks a lot.