Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Sweety87
My Device: Not Specified

Reload Software 513

I've only had my blackberry curve 8900 for about 2 months, twice it has asked me to enter my password as usual but instead of them appearing as stars when i'm typing them it comes out in letters then whe i press enter is says.. type blackberry to continue even after following those instructions it wipes off everything.. this has happened twice and it's so inconvenient as most of you would know... but yesterday it did the same thing but the screen went white and the message 'Reload software 513' appeared with a line going across a circle with a box inside..... is this a fault or something that can be repaired easily????
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Reload Software 513

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

It sounds as if you are mis-typing your password -- and after the maximum number of allowed attempts, it automatically wipes the device clean (as a security precaution, on the assumption that you are not the "owner" of the device). What it also does, during the password retries, is to show you the password in clear text after some number of failed attempts.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB00588&slic...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10385&slic...

As for the 513 error, here's a KB about that:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13003&slic...

Hope something there helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Sweety87
My Device: Not Specified

sdgardne Thank you for your help, i've now sent it off to be repaired but i'm sure it wasn't anything to do with the mis-typing of the password...everyone seems to be having problems with the Blackberrys..xx
New Contributor
verle
My Device: Curve 8900

How did you fix it??? Did u take it to your carrier or can i fix it at home? Because my curve is having the same exact problem

New Contributor
bheth_16
My Device: 8900

hi. am using my blackberry since 8month and its my first to make a password everytime i enter the password and tehy will reply enter password everal i do the password until my blackberry the screen is white and writen reload software 513. please help me to resolve my blackeberry tnx

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

bheth_16 wrote:

hi. am using my blackberry since 8month and its my first to make a password everytime i enter the password and tehy will reply enter password everal i do the password until my blackberry the screen is white and writen reload software 513. please help me to resolve my blackeberry tnx

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in the KB linked above.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
cgardener35
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

I received that messge with my first BB.  I did not have a password set up, and it wiped everything clean.  I couldn't get back on, so i had to have it replaced. I had a second BB do the same thing.  I am now on my third.  You are not alone.

New Contributor
dimplesjhalyne_gallard
My Device: 8900 blackberry curve made in hungary

we had the same problem thats what i got earlier this afternoon..  who could help us ? please help me if anyone knows?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

dimplesjhalyne_gallard wrote:

we had the same problem thats what i got earlier this afternoon..  who could help us ? please help me if anyone knows?

Hello,

As has been said already -- please scroll up through the recommendations already in this thread. Try them. Report back with your specific results.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
dimplesjhalyne_gallard
My Device: 8900 blackberry curve made in hungary

my screen phone doesnt work at all how can i scroll up? please help me. my folks were wondering now for how i am doing in earth! for god sake...why is it so delicate to use this kind of phone? please kindly guide me to do so?