Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
iwaddobb77
My Device: Not Specified

Remembering the desktop software backup password

[ Edited ]

I have just cross-posted this to the desktop software group as it probably should have been there in the first place, sorry

Hi, I backup by mobile every week but how do I tell the desktop software to remember the backup file encryption password?

I tick the box telling it to remember the setting s but each week I still have to enter the password again.

This is not a huge issue but it is a little frustrating.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Remembering the desktop software backup password

Hi iwaddobb77,

This is by design.  By requiring the password, anyone who may have access to your computer, will not be able to access your backup files.  If the BlackBerry Desktop Software "remembered" your password, anyone who plugged their device into your computer, could essentially access all of your backup files using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.  This is why the password is required each time.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iwaddobb77
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Remembering the desktop software backup password

OK thank you and whilst this sort of makes sense there are plenty of other applications etc on my computer for which the passwords are remembered; the idea is is protect my computer not necessarily the individual applications.

Regards

Please use plain text.