Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

aurion
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco

Remind me NEVER to update my BB again!

A friend gave me his old BB and I have LOVED getting to know how to use it. Today I got a message on the desktop software saying that there was a software upgrade available. Foolishly, I installed it! Everything's changed and there's been nothing but a series of error messages ever since.

After saying I needed to update App World, it then told me it needed a newer version of BB ID. I tried to install that but  it's now saying "BB Identity installation failed. Please try again later (80002)." Grr!!  Happy Christmas!   :No:

I'm just hoping that I can re-set the BB to what was previously backed up but thought I'd check here first.

Thanks in advance.

Loretta

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Remind me NEVER to update my BB again!

Hi aurion

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry to hear that you having problem with your BlackBerry® Curve 8520. What is your present device OS version,To know that  for OS 4 – 5  =  Options > About > first set of numbers on the third line.

As far as this error message is concerned regarding BlackBerry ID installation ,first perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while device is POWERED ON then reinsert it after a min. after reboot Open App World and if it prompt for BlackBerry ID update then try it again.

Or  Do you have any  wi - fi nearby ? If you can locate a wi -fi then please try updating BlackBerry ID over wi - fi ,first connect to a wi-fi then on your device open BlackBerry ID see if it prompt for Upgrade or  press the menu key > then Check for Update. 

Additional Information: 

KB29613 : The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.