Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ImLuis
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Removing Custom Ringtones

[ Edited ]

Hey. New poster :-)

Anyway, basically I wanted the old sounds (ie gungho, pro etc) on my curve 9320, so I installed a pack for them and it worked fine.

After that I noticed my battery drain was quite fast, so I reset them to the default. Now, I want to just remove the ringtones from my phone so I don't see them on my ringtone list

However, there's no option to delete them, anywhere. Please help.

I've even done a security wipe and it still kept them.

Also, since the wipe bbm messages won't display in the top notifications bar. They'll come up with the notification but when I open it it just says 'No new notifications'

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Removing Custom Ringtones

Hi ImLuis,

Welcome to the Support Community!

When you did the security wipe, did you select User Installed Applications? If not, I would recommend trying this first. If this does not remove the ringtones, please try uninstalling the ringones using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software. This KB article provides the steps, only instead of selecting the "+" icon to install, please select the "-"icon to remove the ringtones.
"How to install an application on a BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/N4Pm1K

Regarding the issue with your BBM™ notifications, if reinserting the battery doesn't help, I would suggest backing up your BBM™ contacts and removing then reinstalling the application and testing again.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.