Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
maf231
My Carrier: SaskTel

Removing Dropbox From Curve 8530

Hii,

I loaded dropbox onto my phone and while it was working it wasn't working great, so I decided to remove it.  It requested a restart in order to complete the removal and when I did that, it has seemingly sent my phone into a restarting loop, never starting back up again!!

Suggestions anyone??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bigpoint
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Removing Dropbox From Curve 8530

Did you try a battery pull? 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Removing Dropbox From Curve 8530

This isn't a good sign, but start with the battery pull as suggested by Bigpoint - when you do this, remove the battery for several minutes before reinserting as sometimes a longer reboot can help. Also try rebooting the phone in safe mode using the instructions in the following link:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

If neither of those options work, your next step is to plug it into your computer with the BlackBerry Desktop Software. That can occasionally kick it out of a reboot cycle. Barring all of that, you're looking at reloading the software on the device as you likely have some corrupted data on your phone that is triggering the reboots. In that case, use the steps in the following link to get your device back up and running:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Unfortunately, you won't be able to backup your data if your device is rebooting, but so long as you have a recent backup or used BlackBerry Protect, you should be able to restore most of your data.

I hope this info helps, and keep us posted on how it goes.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.