11-05-2009 11:51 AM
I have a BB Curve 8900, and I just uploaded the latest OS 22.214.171.1240 hoping that the "EN" symbol on all my messaging applications will get removed.
Unfortunately this didn't succeed and I'm still getting this annoying Symbol on the upper right hand corner.
I tried a number of solutions from many forums with no success.
Please anyone HELP, I'm really getting desperate.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-05-2009 12:57 PM
First of all check that your device Language and Input Language are BOTH set to the same, e.g. English ( United Kingdom )
If not, change them to match ( Menu / Options / Localisation ) and this may sort the problem.
You can also try scrolling down to the 'Input Language Selection Shortcut', and changing it to "None",
and also changing the 'Enable Quick Selection' to "No", however :
From researching many similar posts in these forums, it would appear that if you change from your usual language,
and then switch back, the "EN" symbol will always appear .....
The solution appears to be to back up your device data, carry out a security wipe, then restore.
Acknowledgment to forum member "MDRiley" for the following :
1) Connect your blackberry to your computer and open desktop manager
2) Backup and Restore>Back up>save
3) Now disconnect your blackberry
4) Now you need to wipe your blackberry. Back to your blackberry.
5) Options>security options>general settings>services>wipe device. (Note: it asks if you want to
remove any third party applications. You can tell it no and this will still work)
6) Once your blackberry is wiped reconnect your blackberry and reopen desktop manager
7) Backup and Restore>Advanced>File>Open>select your backup>open
8) Now scroll down your backup’s list, find and delete ‘input method switcher options’.
9) Now select everything else on your backup’s list
10) Now press >> to transfer it to your blackberry.
11) A window will pop up telling you that the files will replace the files already on your blackberry.
Tell it yes.
12) Congratulations you no longer have to deal with the annoying language icon.
11-16-2012 02:56 AM
I don't know if I would be running a security wipe for this small an issue.
Here is an another solution.
Go to Options > Typing and Input > Language > (scroll down to) Language Switcher > Click on "Hide" against the Display Icon option.
That would do the trick.