Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Resetting Initial Setup

I received my 8310 from my company which was originally set up to receive Lotus Notesa and Lotus Sametime IMs.  When I took the phone for my personal use and replaced the SIM chip I don't have an option to choose any email programs other than a BES email account.  Is there some way to reset everything and get back to a "net new" install that will give me the option to add my personal email accounts as an option? Thanks
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Resetting Initial Setup

Hi and welcome to the forums!

This procedure should address your needs:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03179&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Maker sure the IT department has cleared any policies.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

The only way to reset it back to the default settings is to wipe the device. If you want to go down that route you can go into Options | Security Options | General Settings, display the menu and choose wipe handheld. Doing so will erase all the data from your device.

Look at this post about the missing personal email setup icon:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com./rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=777

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for all the information.  I had to actually do a more involved reset because my former IT securtiy Policy was still in effect.  I found a thread that walked me through updating the software version to 4.5 and then using the Java SDK I was able to reset to factory all the defaults. After that I just needed to add the Blackberry functionality from my wireless carrier and everything is running as I had hoped for.  I appreciate the feedback, Thanks