Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Restarting BB Curve 8330

Just curious if there is a way to restart my Curve without taking out the battery, or removing an app?

Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Restarting BB Curve 8330

I used to press Alt-Cap-Del to restart my 8700g. But this doesn't work with Curve. Eval units can have a soft reset option without removing the battery but not sure with how to do with commercial units.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: Restarting BB Curve 8330

I have found the [Alt][Caps][Del] solution to be unreliable in that sometimes it doesn't do a full restart (I can tell because when the device comes back up it's not locked), and if you have an app running that you can't quit, sometimes this key combo will do absolutely nothing!

I found Soft Reset solves this problem nicely.  It's a bit slow (I think it creates a file, opens it, then requests to delete it forcing the system to request a restart), but you're absolutely sure you're getting a full restart without the wear & tear on your Battery door!

Download it OTA or Zipped here:

http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/#SoftReset

J

Jerry