Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
awesome12345
My Device: Curve 9360
Accepted Solution

Restore BBM contact

Hi..

I have BlackBerry Curve 9360 with BBM version 6.x.

A couple of months ago, I upgraded into BBM v7, which cause the BBM app runs slow.

Then I tried to restore to the previous version by myself (wipe, etc) but still I failed to downgrade my BBM version,

so I decided to go to the service center and ask them to reset my phone back to the brand-new state.

At the moment, I was sure after I re-login using the same BB-Id, the BBM contacts will automatically restored.

But after I received my phone from the service center (BBM v6.2) and then tried to login using the same BB-Id, I found the BBM contacts are all gone.

Sadly, I have no any external backup for BBM contacts.

I am a newbie at this stuff, and need some information about several things:

1) is it the BBM v6.2 version which cause the contacts gone (not appear) although using the same BB-Id?

2) if so, if I upgrade into v7 and re-login using the same BB-Id, will my BBM contacts restored?

3) is there any way to use the v6.2 version and get the BBM contacts restored?

Thanks for your feedback

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Re: Restore BBM contact

Hello Awesome12345

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

The BBID and BBM contacts associated with your account blackberry id. 

In this case when you had installed BBM 6.2 
You should upgrade to version 7.1 or higher 8 

Automatically submitting your BBID were recovering your BBM contacts.

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

New Contributor
awesome12345
My Device: Curve 9360

Hello gutijose14..

Thank you for your feedback,

after having performance issue in the previous upgrade, I think upgrade to v7 or above will be my last option.

Anyway, after searching in my PC, I found an old BB backup data using BB Desktop Software (*.bbb), and after I restored it to my device, I found "BBM-(yy-mm-dd-hh-mm).bak" files in my BB device,

so I tried to restore my BBM contacts from the latest file, using BBM -> Options -> Restore from Device, and I manage to restore about 80-90% (because it is an old backup) of my BBM contacts, and I'm okay with it.

So, case closed, and just an advice to you all who read this post,

please download BB Destop Software from the official BB website, and backup ALL your data to your PC now, eventhough there isn't any problem with our device right now,

because we dont know what will happen to our device in 2,3 or 4 weeks/months from now on..

It's always nice to have a backup.

Regards

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Thanks for your recommendation 

And if acoto is good back up constantly, in my case I do backup every 15 days.

Do not forget to solved the issue by

And your recommendation is very good and also the process you applied to retrieve your contacts with BBM 6.

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14