Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Restore of older backups

Good Day,

I have a Blackberry Curve 9300

How can i restore older backups?

I have seen that you can only backup a maximum of 3 times via Blackberry Protect before it gets replaced by newer backups

I have backed up a very important  conversation and cannot restore that conversation as it has been replaced a newer backup

How can i restore the older backup

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Restore of older backups

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB25063 How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone

Protect does indeed have limitations (for which there is no way to overcome, btw -- though the limitation is 4 backups, not 3)...quite naturally so, since an "unlimited" approach would certainly not be feasible. Further, Protect is only one portion of a good backup process...see the link in my auto-sig on this post for a full backup process that would allow you to retain as many backup versions back as you have local PC disk space for.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thank you for the reply...much appreciated

Isnt there any other way of trying to recover older backups ie.....older backups being replaced by newer ones

Doesnt the online server keep older backups before they are discarded by the system

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

As per the KB I provided above (along with those it also links), it keeps up to 4 backups, discarding the oldest when you next conduct a backup. There is no way around that limitation, and any discarded backups are permanently gone. Hence, the importance of not relying solely on BB Protect as the sole method of data protection.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code