Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Trusted Contributor
Fkess
My Device: BB Curve 8330C
Accepted Solution

Ring Tones and Voice Mail

I cannot get to my ringtones to change it. When I click on Profiles I get a chance  to make it normal, loud etc., but I cannot get to the tones no matter what. Frustrating.

I also cannot listen to my missed messages. Not a good day for me and the BB.

Is this one of those "pull the battery" solutions?

I'll look in the pdf guide.

I just checked and all my calls are going to Volce mail which I ( didn't set)  can't listen to. What a catch 22. How do I stop that? Maybe I'm too dumb to operate a smartphone.

This is a sensitive freaky device. If this is typical, I may not keep it.

Tonight there's a family crisis and I really need the phone to work w/o problems.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Ring Tones and Voice Mail

The ringtones is PROFILES scroll down to the bottom ADVANCED PICK ACTIVE PROFILE

Menu key scroll down to phone.

Lets worry about your phone and the crisis.

go to OPTIONS STATUS write down the file free and file total numbers. Do the battery reset and send me both sets.

I want to get the phone working for you.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Fkess

I appreciate your help.

The File Free= 44760116

total= 83623936

The device has a 4 gb micro SD card.

This same problem also happened less than 24 hours after I bought the BB. A tech at Best Buy fixed it then w/o pulling the battery.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

Your memory usage seems fine.

You should try the battery reset, take it out while the phone is ON, leave it out for a minute,

replace and let the device reboot 1-3 minutes, try the phone again.

Have you setup your VM in case the problem doesn't clear? At least you could access the crisis messages through a different phone.

Let me know,

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Fkess

I will try the battery trick.

But I have to say that I'm getting sick and tired of paying good money for computing devices of all types that do not work properly out of the box. It appears that the manufacturers are quite happy to have the users work out the inherent bugs (and why not).

As an example, Intuit's Quicken has had a printing problem using Vista, almost two years after being released and they ignore users' complaints. I sent a nice letter to the CEO last year and never even got a response and there are literally hundreds , maybe thousands with the problem.

My notebook ( with many problems) and printer are HP and there's a way on the HP web site to communicate with the CEO. All I wanted was an acknowledgement of receipt of my message, but didn't even get that. Their Bangalore support is a joke.

The only place that I find answers is on forums like this from good folks like you, but it shouldn't be necessary.

When this happened the first time, the Best Buy guy fixed it w/o removing the battery. I'll ask him to give me the steps and report them here.

Thanks for your continuing dedication.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Please do, I would be interested in the fix.

Hope everything is allright on the crisis front!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Fkess

I took my BB to the Best Buy guru and it worked in the store. He suggested that my using it in a room with a wireless computer, printer (plus a desktop) and my Cisco router could cause it............so that's one answer. The other is that I'm too dumb to own and operate such a feature laden device and that's more likely. In spite of all my fumbling, I like it.

Maybe you know the answer to my questions:

1-Is there a way to have the device turn itself ON before a call goes to voicemail (when it's powered off so I can answer the call)?

2- Can I make it display the Address book list from the top instead of from the last found name when I Click on the desktop icon?

3- Is there a way to really delete voicemail rather than having it default to being stored for 21 days (as announced by the BB) when I 'delete" it?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Hi,

1) If the phone is off, there is no way to set it to turn of and catch the call.

You can but it in standy mode, conserving memo, and it will ring when a call comes (use the mute button on the top left corner as you look at the device for standby)

2) No, but if you just hit A it will take you to the top of the alphabetical listing

3) On Verizon I delete by pressing 7 and the end of the new calls, when I am done deleting I can hit 5 to review the messages I deleted. If I delete it again it's gone. Not saved for x days.

Hope you get you phone fixed, it does make sense about the wireless devices,

Let me know if this answers your questions!

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-29-2008 05:02 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-29-2008 05:03 PM

Please use plain text.