Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ring tones and alerts

Is it possible to turn off alerts for emails and texts, and still have the ringer on for phone?  I have a Curve. Thanks.

Super Contributor
My Device: Xperia Ray
My Carrier: Dhiraagu Maldives

Re: Ring tones and alerts

Is it possible.. you can simply customize the alerts on what you wan't & what you don't want.. But, to assist you better, I need the model number, since the steps may change with the OS version..

Anyhow, assuming it's OS 6 & above: On you phone screen, go to Sounds and alert profile > select Change sound and alerts > select Profile management > select your preferred or active profile > their under Messages - Notifiers .. you can edit as you wish

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks!  It is a Curve 8530.  Appreciate the help.  Do I get to sounds by clicking on the "Select a Sound Profile"? Then edit profile?  Not sure what is meant by this.

Super Contributor
My Device: Xperia Ray
My Carrier: Dhiraagu Maldives

Alright then.. you're running on an OS 5.0.. below link should assist you better :smileywink:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/14928/Change_a_sound_profile_50_656026_1...

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.