Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ferrerene
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

SAME BBM PIN from two different device

[ Edited ]

A friend of mine bought a Tourch thorugh Employee Purchase Plan order number <removed>.  Which I ended up giving to my girlfriend in Hong Kong.  That Tourch has a IMEI number <removed> and a PIN number <removed>.  Last month I lost my Bold while visiting my girlfriend in Hong Kong.  When I got back in North America, I bought a Curve from a Telus store.  I restored my Black berry from a back up. 

I sent a BBM message to a girlfriends best friend, who has both our contact name in her BBM.  Asking her what is a good present to give my girlfriend for her birthday.  To her suprise my BBM message appeard on my girlfriend BBM message.  She replied back is this was a joke.  I replied No I was serious.  She was commenting about my message appearing on my girlfriend bbm message.

Is this possible that two Blackberry, different model would have the same PIN.  My Curve is PIN is <removed> and IMEI is <removed>

I told Telus and they said not possible its Blackberry issue - so I'm posting this here to see if I you can help me get a replacement Curve.

EDIT: Personal Information such as PIN & IMEI is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: SAME BBM PIN from two different device

Hi Ferrene,

Welcome to the Community & Thanks for your Post..!!

It quite surprised that two Bberries could have same PIN... Anyways please press 3 keys simultaneously ALT+CAPS (aA)+h  check what PIN showing there...&

Do this in both blackberries and let us know, if still showing same PIN in both......

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hardey
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: mtn

Hello
My BB has similar issue of same pin, I did pressed the 3 keys simultaneously but my homepage anmd not pin no keep appearing, what next can I do?
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hardey wrote :

My BB has similar issue of same pin, I did pressed the 3 keys simultaneously but my homepage anmd not pin no keep appearing, what next can I do?

Hi Hardey

What make you believe that ? To know the PIN associated with your device you can check it this way : Open your message box  > Compose email > On subject field  type   mypin  then press the Space key it will also let you know the PIN associated with that device..

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hardey
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: mtn

Hello Prince,

Thanks, it works, I got my pin same as the one am using. Someone device has the same pin. Do you have solutons or clues of how to correct this or how can i stop messages meant for me from being delivered to the other device of the same pin?

Hardey
Please use plain text.