Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ScootaG
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 02

SD memory card randomly messed up, help?

So I've had my blackberry curve 8520 and my SD memory card for almost 2 years, but earlier I tried to play some music from my memory card but it wouldn't play, so I took my battery out to reset my phone and when I put it back in and my phone came back on it said my memory card needed formatting but I didn't want to lose all my stuff so I chose not to format it, but everything was deleted anyway. I went to options and chose memory and it said "Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is properly inserted, formatted and not corrupted." So I tried to format it and it said it was successful but after it said that it kept asking me over and over again to format it, so I tried the repair option but it said "repair failed". So now I can't use my memory card, any ideas how to fix it? Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: SD memory card randomly messed up, help?

Hi ScootaG,

Welcome to the Community,

Try to format your Media Card again and after that perform a Battery pull restart,while performing  battery pull remove your media card and then reinsert it .Try it see if it allows.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ScootaG

Thanks for the help but it still doesn't work.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ScootaG

Does anyone know how I can repair my memory card please?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

1) Try your memory card in a PC card reader...see what happens.

2) Try your memory card in an identical BB that otherwise has not problems...see what happens.

3) Try a memory card from a different BB that otherwise has no problems in your BB...see what happens.

The results will help indicate if it is your memory card or your BB that is the core of the problem.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.