Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ValVenis
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: 3

SIM Card Rejected - Curve 9300

Hi all.

Had my curve 9300 for about 2 months or so now. Originally had an iphone 4 and simply got a new sim with the same number and put it in my new phone.

Everything has been working on it fine. Until i got home from work yesterday and 'SIM Card rejected' and 'not allowed mm6' appeard. My signal bar also says SOS.

Seems very strange how it all of a sudden appeared.  Any help pleaseee?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
fs_james
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Re: SIM Card Rejected - Curve 9300

You got 2 sims against one number? Strange. Thats impossible. If you do so some how then the service provider will block the same number sim and allow only one sim to work for each number. If they found two sims issued on one number then they block the Old one or new one this is depend upon them

This what happend with you. You got 2 sims against 1 number whcih is also a cyber crime as per world law  and they block your one sim thats why you got this message.

You must buy another sim with different number not the same. If you do so again then may be as per local law you ae under arrest.

So be carefull what you are trying to do OK

Take care and hope you your problem will be resolved.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ValVenis

I know longer have my old phone or the sim, I just assumed they would block my old sim. I will go to my network providor this afternoon and have a talk with them.

Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
fs_james
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Probably the service provider do not block the sim before the expiration date of the account. But if your account is expired then after 3 months they block your sim. This case is common in most service proveider. If you dont tell the service proveider that plese block my old sim renew new sim then they block one

For that you must talk your service provider and tell your problem they will shourly fix it and you no longer have this probelm again.

Thanks for kind reply Take care

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Assume you've done the good old remove battery and SIM, reinsert and power backup? It could also be a faulty SIM. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ValVenis

yep tried all that. I think its down to the sim. Goin to see if i can get a replacement

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Angelshtf
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3g 9300
My Carrier: Tmobile

I had the same issue with my pearl 8120 before I got the curve 3g 9300.  What it is, is a bad card.  you will need to go to your service provider's store and pay $20.00 for it, or if you are still covered under warranty then it is free.

Have you tried powering down the phone, Removing the battery, Removing the sim, WIping the sim with a soft rag, like a micro-fiber towel. wiping the back of the phone where the battery was. 

This might help, but after you do all that, and power on the phone, and it still says the error you are gettting, then call up your provider, and they will go step by step with you to help you restore it. or they can tell you , you need another sim card. Which I believe is the issue, as I had the same problem. More than likely its the sim that is bad. No issues after you get a new one. so do that soon!!!

angelshtf, morganton, Nc
blackberry curve 3g 9300 user

Angel from shtfm.com & shtfradio.com
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ValVenis

Found out what the issue was. Originally ithought it was a dodgy sim card but i went into my network providor and tried a different sim and the error still occured, also tried my sim in a different phone and the sim worked phone.

Issue was down to the handset. It had been blocked. I bought the phone from a second hand shop and they said this does happen now and again. They get sold a phone which may have been found or stolen and will later on get blocked by the originally owner. Therefore making the phone no good.

Phone got replaced and im up and running again. Thanks for all your help tho guys!

Please use plain text.