Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
TheTurTle
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

SIM SMS memory full??

I have about 20 SMS's and it says my SIM SMS memory is full? It can't be full already... previous phone i had 100's of sms and my sim card wasnt full!??

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
CoryH
My Device: Curve - 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: SIM SMS memory full??

Check the memory you have available in total:

Options > Memory

The values you are looking for should be at the bottom, and let us know how much!

Disclaimer: I'm just a regular user like the rest of you. I have spent a lot of time learning the limitations of the Blackberries to know how to fix most problems. If I have suggested a fix, please give a kudo and mark as a solution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheTurTle
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

I have over 100 mbs of Application memory and 1.1gbs of Meda Card memory...

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
CoryH
My Device: Curve - 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Do this:

Go to Options > SMS Text and look for the option that says "Leave SMS on SIM Card" and set it to "No".

Your SIM card has a limit of 20 messages, and changing this option will move them to device memory instead. Hope this helps!

Disclaimer: I'm just a regular user like the rest of you. I have spent a lot of time learning the limitations of the Blackberries to know how to fix most problems. If I have suggested a fix, please give a kudo and mark as a solution!

Please use plain text.
shanakimiko
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same issue. Ive gone to options and it says No to leave messages on sim card yet I'm still getting the same message no matter how many messages I delete. What do I do?!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EEKS
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi,

My phone has the same problem. I was tinkering around in settings and stupidly turned on 'store sms on SIM'. About a day later it told me my SIM was full and I need to delete messages.

I turned off the 'store sms on SIM' option. I saved all of the SIM messages onto my phone/memory card and deleted all messages off my SIM card  (SMS SIM card Inbox is now empty).

However, the message is still appearing! How can I get rid of it??

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi

The Blackberry is designed to be reset by removing the battery whilst the device is powered-on. Leave the battery out for a minute or 2.

See if that resolves the problem.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EEKS
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin

Thanks very much!

Please use plain text.
stephaniemarrannes
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: proximus

I'm having the same problem with my curve 9360. It has no messages on it but still it keeps saying the message and sim-memory is full. Now i can't even receive messages anymore, i've tried sending a few to myself. Also my cpu usage is 100%, of which 95% is used by the system (when I'm not even touching the phone) and then my phone is getting really warm, until the point that i reboot it, because i don't want it to explode. Blackberry support won't answer my emails, please help.

Please use plain text.
zimmy
My Device: 9700 bold 2
My Carrier: simple mobile

Hello my blacberry 9700 has the same issue, since I upgraded to an 8gig mem card, it has bn one problem or the pther. Now i cnt recieve messages again cus it keeps saying "blackberry message memory and sim card full pls delete messages in ur sms". I have deleted  a lot of messages, stil it pops up. Im so frustratated i dnt evn know what to do again. please who can help me :smileysad: 

thanks.

Please use plain text.