Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

SMS/MMS tones?

Can anyone suggest a site to go to for SMS/MMS notification tones?  I'm not interested in any music or anything like that, just cool 'electronic' type tones (1-2 seconds max in length).  I've tried crackberry (nothing there interests me), I've tried my carrier's site (nothing there interests me) and I've tried the BB owners lounge (again nothing there interests me-as a matter of fact there is barely anything there to begin with lol).

I would really appreciate some help in this as these tones in the phone are getting on my nerves (with regards to SMS/MMS notifications)...I'm just not happy with what is in the phone and I desperately need to change my tones to something else.

Solutions: 6,233
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: SMS/MMS tones?

Here is a list of ringtone and alert tone sites I put together, try them and see, I know a couple of them have lots of short alert-type tones.

Good luck.

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

there are some new free ringtones available on http://mobile.blackberry.com/ .

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8310

I have a better idea...  find some kids in the neighbourhood or family, and ask them if they have any kewl tones...  if its cr*p, they dont download it.

i have some fun ones ive picked up from kids on the street like Master Yoda saying "Hrmph, a message from the dark side you have"

"Ability will never catch up with the demand for it."
~Malcolm S. Forbes, Publisher