Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: blackberry curve 8330

SMS TEXTING HELP!!!!

so recently my blackberry curve has started lagging and delaying text messages. it will show that the text was sent but the recipient wont get it for some period of time and i have no way of knowing if they got it for sure or not.

also it slows the rate at which i recieve texts from other people.

i have tried turning the phone off, and taking the battery out, this seems to help for a brief period of time, but then it starts repeating the same problems.

anyone experience anything like this?

and if so any solutions? 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: SMS TEXTING HELP!!!!

Remove your SIM card and insert it any other device. Now send SMS text from that device to other. If changing the device gives  expected result then the issue is related to your device but if change of device don't work for you then report the issue to your carrier. They should check the service provisioning in your SIM card from their system.

Also check the following -

1. Options

2. SMS

3. Delivery Report: On

4. Service Center: (check with your carrier for getting this number)

5. Network to Send Over: GSM/GPRS (choose GSM)

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: SMS TEXTING HELP!!!!

Yeah, I have the same problem with SMS not going through and being stuck in Pending while I'm on a voicecall.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  It can be fixed temporary if I take the battery out for a minute, then put it back in but eventually it will go back to not sending/receiving SMS while I'm on a call.

I'm on Sprint so I don't have any SIM card to take out.  Any suggestions?