Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Bold

Re: SMS icon missing

I have the same problem/error message.  Any ideas?

My Device: 9500
My Carrier: vodafone

im having the same problem with my sms icon did you ever get yours solved if you could you please help me out as to what to do to fix the problem..

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: du

heyy..im having this problem now..how did u solve the issue? plz reply asap..thanks Smiley Happy 

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

I have tried all the things mentioned in this thread but still no luck.

I have a bold 9700 with OS 6. All of a sudden the sms icon went missing.

Can only access it when i search for it and i dont get any notification for new sms as well.

Can someone please help and solve this issue cause frankly it is sooo **bleep** irritating that i feel like throwing my phone in the grabage.

pls help.

thanks

Vasu

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Globe

My sms/mms icon has been gone for THREE weeks now, the message count keeps going up and I really don't know WHAT to do about it? I tried rebooting over and over again, the show all and looked through every folder on my phone, still not there. If anybody could help me bring back the missing icon, it'll serve as a gift for my 16th birthday Smiley Sad Thanks.... My bb app world is also missing (BB 9300 user)
Visitor
My Device: bold9700
My Carrier: telus

i have had this problem repeatedly with my bold 9700. i find that when it happens, my telus (service provider) menu has also gone missing (the menu looks like a sim card icon).i don't know what the connection is or why it keeps happening.

to fix the problem and get the icon back (and the ability to hear texts coming in), i have to wipe my "emails, contact, etc"...i don't have to wipe my "user installed apps" or "media card." this works everytime although it is frustrating. i back-up regularly so restoring my data is never a problem but i do tend to lose any texts i send/receive since my last back-up and the time i resolve the problem.

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: ..

that happened to me too, the same java error

CSD
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globe

Hi Vasudevr,

I am having the same problem. Did you ever resolve it? I hope you can share it with me so I can have it resolved. It really is annoying. For me to check if I ever receive any SMS is to go to Messages, Options, View Folders, then Text Messaging COnversation.

Thanks,

Charlagne

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Telus

About the missing SimCard - looking icon for the Telus menu: I contacted Telus this morning and they told me that Blackberry has removed this icon and therefore the user's ability to go in and out of international roaming because alot of people didn't know what intl1 and intl2 meant, and played around with them and ended up going off the Telus network by accident. Now to change this, go to Options - Mobile Network - and select Automatic if you want roaming to turn on when you travel. If you select PROMPT, then when you travel I assume it will ask you about enabling roaming. This also can be accessed by clicking on the signal strength on the blackberry home page that brings up Turn Off Connections etc.. at the bottom, Mobile Network Options. I asked the guy about roaming charges and he suggested if you just want your phone to be used like a palm pilot (no data) then just turn off all connections when travelling.

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

I've tried it but still didn't work