Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

SMS template

Hi, I send out a lot of SMS messages with same dialogue but changes to say time or persons first name. Can I have a template and just ade the variances each time??

thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: SMS template

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not aware of a template, but AutoText would work great for this.  Click on the Options icon, then AutoText.  Create a new AutoText entry like this:

Replace:  smstxt

With: hope to see you sometime soon.

Make sure you save it.  To use it, you would compose the SMS msg and type smstxt and then press the space bar.  Pressing the space bar would change 'smstxt' to 'hope to see you soon sometime'.  You can make the 'Replace' and the 'With' whatever you want.

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

SMS template - use of Autotext - great suggestion!

Thanks a lot for this tip! I too was looking for some way to use canned messages - being an avid SMS user myself - and was missing the templates from my previous Nokia E50 phone. This feature - while not quite a template - seems just as easy to use and a great help! Thanks again!

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Mobitel Sri Lanka

Re: SMS template - use of Autotext - great suggestion!

You can also create an sms with the text you want to use as a template and send it to your own mobile, and then save the message. To use the template, View Saved Messages and Forward to the desired number.