Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

djonesmail
My Device: Not Specified

SMS text Only 1 page available?

I just bought a BB Curve because of the group SMS text capabilities. I have several friends with the same phone, some w/AT&T, some with T-Mobile. I am with Verizon. Their Curves can send up to (8) pages of 160 characters per page on one SMS text, but I only can send 1 page at a time. When I start typing the counter only shows 160 available characters and when I get to the end I get a FULL box that pops up. When they start texting they show the number of available pages plus the character counter. I have been with Verison and had a Motorola Q prior and know that Verizion supports multiple pages of SMS text. How do I change my option to multiple pages?
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: SMS text Only 1 page available?

This is a Verizon restriction. Other carriers can type multiple messages at once. But Verizon allows only one. Sorry this cannot be changed.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

djonesmail wrote:
I just bought a BB Curve because of the group SMS text capabilities. I have several friends with the same phone, some w/AT&T, some with T-Mobile. I am with Verizon. Their Curves can send up to (8) pages of 160 characters per page on one SMS text, but I only can send 1 page at a time. When I start typing the counter only shows 160 available characters and when I get to the end I get a FULL box that pops up. When they start texting they show the number of available pages plus the character counter. I have been with Verison and had a Motorola Q prior and know that Verizion supports multiple pages of SMS text. How do I change my option to multiple pages?

Verizon allows only 160/SMS.  You can send your message in a MMS and will allow up to 1000 characters.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Contributor
Curefan72

Sprint only allows 160 characters as well, with no multiple pages.
Developer
GeekyDad

Check-out Beyond160. It's a new app that was developed for this exact issue:

http://www.cannonsoft.com/bb/info.cgi?product=Beyond160