Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
patrickneedshelp
My Device: Not Specified

SMS text message header does not display sender information

When I receive a text message the only header information that displays is the date and time.  The senders information does not display.  The lines are not even there.  There is no way to reply to a text message or tell who the sender is.  This problem is only with SMS messages.  Regular email headers display just fine.  I have done a wipe, reset, reload, everything possible with no luck.  I am the only one in my office with this problem.  I have not been able to find any information or postings from anyone having the same problem.  I can read the text message, but there is no header (except for the date and time).  Any thoughts?

Blackberry Curve 8350i

Please use plain text.
hholloman

Re: SMS text message header does not display sender information

I also experience this same issue and have yet to find out how to fix it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
patrickneedshelp

I was able to resolve the problem by uninstalling the Blackberry desktop manager software and reinstalling it selecting Internet Email vs. Blackberry Enterprise Server.  If you get to the screen that asks you to choose which type of email service you use and you accidentally choose the wrong one your phone will work but will do strange things, including sending all sorts of redirect emails.  For me, this seemed to do the trick.

Please use plain text.
lewiswrathall
My Device: curve 8520

hey,

i had this same problem but found a way around it. if you go to the main menu and got to your sms and mms and press enter then press the BB button and then scroll down to options. doing this should then bring up a menu which heads inbox settings. you will find all the components in their to change your senders and/or recipients name(s).

hope this is helpful

Please use plain text.