Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

dcistaro
My Device: Not Specified

Same old story - indexing MP3 from itunes

If I understand corrrectly, once I use Media Synch to download new songs or Podcasts from iTunes i have to remove my battery or perhaps even my storage card to get the 8310 to reindex . This is so infuriating. such poor software design. At worst force us to click an Icon to index, but not this stupid approach.My contract with AT+T is up soon, I will evaluate other phones.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Same old story - indexing MP3 from itunes

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If you can't get them to reindex try removing the BBTHUMBS.DAT file in the directory.

I do it via PC, then use media manager to look at all the songs, which rebuilds the .DAT file

"SDR 246328 If you delete songs in your iTunes library from an artist, and synchronize your playlists (with the
Automatically fill free space check box selected) again, there is a bbthumbs.dat file in an orphaned artist
folder.
Impact: These types of files should be deleted.
Workaround: None.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Release notes Media sync

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter