Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

Saved OS 7.1 to Desktop Software but update isn't available. Why?

I downloaded Blackberry OS 7.1 for my 9360 curve but the update isn't picking up on the desktop software program why is that? When I go to the help menu (question mark in the top right hand corner) I find it under "Installed Blackberry Device Software" so why am I not able to update the software? The latest software update that automatically pops up is OS 7.0 Bundle 2259. I am not a tech boffin. So any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2258; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Saved OS 7.1 to Desktop Software but update isn't available. Why?

Was the OS specifically for your brand of device? If you downloaded an OS from another carrier won't load without deleting the vendor.xml file.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Maybe the Official OS 7.1 not yet released from your carrier. You can find it here: http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Note: You can also upgrade your BlackBerry with other OS carrier.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

Hi thanks! and yeah thats what i've done... its just i dont really know how to do that. deleting the vendor.xml what if i mess up my phone in the process??

New Contributor

and yes the OS was specifically for my device...
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2258; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Deleting the vendor.xml will not harm your phone in any way. Search your computer and delete any instance of the file. On some PC OS's there is more than one instance of the file.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

ok ive located the vendor.xml things. what do i do once that has been deleted??? thanks so much!

Guru I

Close desktop manager.

Go to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and double click on Loader.exe

This will run the application loader and will update the OS.
New Contributor

ok did that.. it didnt seem to change anything...  :smileysad: thanks for all your help tho..

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Delete also in your Recycle Bin. Locate this on your Computer: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

If you see Vendor.xml there delete peramanently. Open your BlackBerry Desktop Software. See what happens.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"