If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
tens00
My Device: Not Specified

Saving a voice recording as a ringtone for a contact

[ Edited ]

Hi. I had my daughter do a voice recording and set it as a ringtone. But, I can't find it anywhere. It's saved in a directory 0 /Device Memory/home/user/voicenotes/nameoffile.amr - and I can't access that through my contacts to set it as a ringtone for a certain contact. I can't figure out how to save it to the ringtones directory either. I also tried coverting it to an mp3 and emailing it back to myself but I didn't receive the email, even after sending it a few times! I received it on another account but can't download the attachment.

I've read all the blackberry instructions and this seems as if it should be simple, but it's just not working right for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I'm on the phone with Verizon Wireless and they got it to be my main ringtone, but I want it only set to a single contact.

UPDATE: If you do not have a media card (which is my case), you have to connect your device to your computer and use the Desktop Manager and  use the media manager to move a saved voice recording to the ringtones folder. It automatically converts it to an mp3. Then, you disconnect from the computer and wa la -you can add the ringtone to a contact! I had to go to level 2 Blackberry support to get the answer but now it's here!

Message Edited by tens00 on 03-20-2009 09:40 PM
Message Edited by tens00 on 03-20-2009 10:23 PM
Message Edited by tens00 on 03-20-2009 10:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Saving a voice recording as a ringtone for a contact

Wow, you asked and answered your own questions!! 

Thanks! 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
thebestbusdriver
My Device: Not Specified

This is James  I just wanted to say thank you for that information  that is exactly what i wanted to do  but customer support told me you  couldn't have voice recordings for ringtones.  But i followed exactly what you said and it works perfect.  thanks again
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums James!

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: