Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Saving pictures on 8330

When I take a picture and try to save it the phone states   file system full  ...ry/home/user/pictures file: How do I shift the pictures in the phone memory to the card memory?  I think this is what I need to do..If  not can someone tell me what needs to be done? Alsoit seems in the message and email folders that messages at the end seem to get deleted. Why is this?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Saving pictures on 8330

you have a small device memory on your device. Usually, people try not to use it, and use a memory card instead.
when that device memory is full, the BlackBerry will find space... by deleting old mails and old SMS and old calendar events.

first thing : I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Left Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

that should free some memory.

check before and after that reboot :
home screen >> options >> status
how much "file free" do you have ?

but the true remedy is to move all your pictures to the memory card. for that, you can use the BlackBerry Explorer :

home screen >> media >> open menu >> Explorer

then, browser to the device memory, select a file and open menu to move it to another folder (on your memory card of course).
You have to do that for each picture. I know it's tedious.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: