Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Saving ringtones and pics

I have an 8310, and have put in a 2GB microSD card into my phone and I have it set up so that anything new gets saved onto the media card. Its been working well for a while now, but all of a sudden now when I try to save a new ringtone or picture, it says "File system out of resources." I have checked in the options menu, and for my media card, it says I still have 1.8GB left so now I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Saving ringtones and pics

Hi WickedFreak!

Check to ensure that when you are saving the file, you are indeed attempting to save it on the media card. 

Remove the battery and media card for 10 seconds and reinsert them, media card first.

If all else fails, try copying the data from the media card to your pc and formatting it (options, media card or options, advanced options, media card - hit your menu button and select format.  This will erase all the information on the media card) 

Cheers! 

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Saving ringtones and pics

Well, I was checking where exactly I was trying to save my ringtone, and all of a sudden it let me save it in the same place I was trying to save it last night. I didn't do anything different! maybe when it turned off for the night it did something, but I have no idea. Anyway, Thanks for your help. If this problem ever happens again, I will try what you have told me.