Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Ahmar
My Device: 9700

Re: Saving text messages to PC

Hello,

If you like to save SMS (in its actual format)  from BB to PC -please download the screen munch software from blackberry.net

Thanks,

Ahmar

Contributor
Ahmar

Hello,

If you like to save SMS (in its actual format) from BB to PC -please download the screen munch software from blackberry.net

Thanks,

Ahmar
Contributor
Ahmar

Hello,

If you like to save SMS (in its actual format) from BB to PC -please download the screen munch software from blackberry.net

Thanks,

Ahmar
New Contributor
tbwalkeriii
My Device: Not Specified

I found a FREE app that lets you browse the backup IPD file and export/save to a text file.  The app is a java app called IPDDUMP and it ran in Windows XP fine for me.  the website is http://code.google.com/p/ipddump/

I used this, highlighted all of my text messages and saved them to a text file, then I was able to open it in WORDPAD and read them fine.

TBWalkeriii

Taylarie
My Device: Torch 9800
New Contributor
bluedust
My Device: 9800

TextBasket

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/55611?lang=en

Archives your texts monthly and sends them all at once in an email, either in the body, or as an attached CSV file for your spreadsheet, or both. Handy for searching your Texts later on.

New Contributor
imask8r2
My Device: Curve 8330

Hello,

Just FYI, I believe DexRex has gone out of business. :smileysad:

Their Website hasn't allowed you to purchase a plan for more than a month. And, I looked up their phone number in Cambridge (Boston) and have been calling for two weeks. It just rings and rings and no one answers and there is no voicemail. This morning, I called and the number has been given to a family!

That being said, I'm looking into the Berry Extract program someone mentioned below. Does anyone know if it will backup EXISTING texts? I've tried their live chat, but the person on the other end didn't speak fluent English. So, I've emailed my request.

Another option is the Text Message Backup by ValueApps, but that program clearly only backs up texts going forward. I specifically want to archive messages that are on my blackberry already.

Thank you!

Amy :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
imask8r2
My Device: Curve 8330

I believe they've gone out of business. Their website has been down for a month and no one is answering the phone at their corporate offices.
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

MagicBerry by Menastep will do what you need for a back up and extraction of past messages.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
caveat
My Device: blackberry curve 9360

How can I save text messages to pc and how can I delete my blackberry 9360 messages from pc