Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
edward1999
My Carrier: T MOBILE
Accepted Solution

Screen half black?

hi everyone

I have recently found that the bottom 1/3 of my blackberry curve screen is black with black horizontal lines going throught it.:smileyfrustrated: It makes eveything hard to read and write. I was told to take out the battery but this didnt work. Im on contact with t mobile and but i dont have insurance on the phone, i've had it for under a year so will i have waranty and will this come under waranty? please help, extreamly frustrated

thanks

Please use plain text.
llamagoat
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Screen half black?

Definatly a hardware issue, phones under consumer rights must last the lifetime of the contract however if there are any signs of chips, scratches, water damage etc then they wont replace as you havent taken resonable care of your purchase 

If you have a nice clean phone and its genuinly faulty then they are governed by law to replace it as its not fit for purpose under the consumer goods act, if phoning t mobile gets no replacement write a letter asking for one, if they fail contact the communication ombudsman. Good luck

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
edward1999

Thankyou! Will call t mobile because it has no scratches or any signs of wear and tear as it has been in a hard case since purchase
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
edward1999

Hi, went into t mobile today and waited 20mins for them just to say that i had dropped it (which i hadent) or applyed pressure to it (which i also hadnt). They offered me no help and said i needed a whole new phone?
Hope you read this
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Perez21
My Carrier: Cricket

My phone had the same issue, and its only 2 weeks old. I thout nothing of it. should I be concerned?

Please use plain text.