Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

Screen keeps going white or black

I have a curve 9320 and havent damaged my phone at all and the screen keeps going white or black and i have to press the top of the screen to get it to come back on ....please advise what to do as i dont have insurance ....the phone is only 3 months old ....Thank you 

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Screen keeps going white or black

Hi SonyaK33

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you tried a Batterry Pull Restart ! If not then try it by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min. then reinsert it back , let you device take a long reboot after restart please check .

If problem persist then can you confirm if you recently Installed any new application after which this problem appeared ? If it is then Uninstall that particular application which you think might be responsible for this issue . 

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

I have tried the battery pull reboot but it hasn't worked ...and no new apps have been installed ....
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello SonyaK33

If a battery pull is unable to resolve and you don't have any recent apps download , Then to rule out any Software issue  please Relaod your Device OS , First do a backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software then follow this Knowledge Base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.