Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: 02

Scroller wont work!?!?! *Blackberry curve 9320*

[ Edited ]

I dropped my phone into the toilet and i got it out, dried it and got it working again, it is all working apart from the scroller, it can click but it doesnt let me sroll left, right, up or down! HELP?!?!?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Scroller wont work!?!?! *Blackberry curve 9320*

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time (maybe even longer). Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: o2

Someone help me asap!!!! 

My blackberry 9320 scroller wont move or click and i dont know what to do. I have  no spare phone and im panicking because i need my phone for at college 

Some please help me !!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer II

[ Edited ]

Lauren117 wrote:

Someone help me asap!!!! 

My blackberry 9320 scroller wont move or click and i dont know what to do. I have  no spare phone and im panicking because i need my phone for at college 

Some please help me !!!!!!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

This thread is SPECIFIC to a water damaged device with this symptom. Does this 100% apply to you?

If so, then scroll up and read/try what is already posted.

If not, please state clearly all of your symptoms and possible causes, and we'll have you post and replies split out to a thread of their own so as to not pollute the specific topic that this thread is covering.

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: o2

It got water logged so i dried it out properly and its been fine for the last couple of weeks and now my scroller will not move or click and you can not type anything. I have no idea what to do 

Hall of Famer II

OK thanks...do take note of what post 2 above says within it:

• Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

What you describe sounds completely like things I've seen before...completely consistent. If it was not truly and totally dried out, moisture could have remained inside, and corrosion would continue until the unit eventually fails.

In short, no one at an internet distance can give you a true diagnosis. Only a qualified technician with the device in their hands can provide you an evaluation as to if this water damage is the root cause of your current problems. Such things are impossible to truly diagnose at an internet distance.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates