Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Security problem

Hello please help me on this ,

My BB 8520,

there is some problem with security code when i tried entering the code it says wrong code and one morething when i tried enetring the code in pasword area it is showing the letters instead of numbers. i almost enterd 9 times still it says wrong password, if i enter one more time all my data will be lost . can anyone help me on this

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Security problem

Hi krisjack23

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Is it asking for your device password or something else , if it is device password then you have to enter the correct password that you have set on your device, from what you mentioned it appears that You might have a mixture of different characters in your password,and you are not able to properly enter those on the BlackBerry keyboard. For example , if your password is

• jack123
  • And you enter j > a > c  > k >  alt > 1>2>3

the actual result will be

• jack1er
  • You must enter
  • j > a > c  >k >  alt > 1 > alt > 2 > alt > 3
  •  to get jack123 on your device.

So, in this while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing jack123, you are actually typing jack1er .Think carefully and try your last attempt. yes it will wipe your device if you miss your last attempt. But if you have a backup of your device you can restore your data from there.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Thanks for the response but you for example my pwd is 320988, i never entered it by using alt key and also i never seen the Characters or numbers it has shown * instead of showing numbers but now it is showing the Letters i coukld not understand it what exactly is my problem

actually  phoneasked me to type "blackberry" and so I did it, afterwards, it asked me to enter a password. I thought it was the unlock code that I usually enter into my phone. The password I enter is incorrect. I now only have 9/10 tries. What shall I do? Please help me.

Elite II

Hi krisjack23

If we enter wrong password then after 5 or 6 attempts  the prompt enter " BlackBerry " will appear on our homescreen . If your password is 320988 and you never entered alt key on your initial setup then it will be different, Can you confirm if you really used alt key before entering those number while on your initial setup.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

yes i never entered alt key

Elite II

Hi krisjack23

Suppose you wish to keep the password 320988 as you mention on your previous post and never entered alt key during the initial setup thenthe password will be  :

r e 0 c x x         you have to enter r > e > 0 > c > x > x   ( Where  0 =  Zero ) 

But if you pressed alt once before entering those password for the first time then I think your password will be  it will be :

3 e 0 c x x    you have to enter Alt > 3 > e > 0 > c > x  >  x     ( Where 0 = Zero )

But remember it is only you who only know how you setup the password for the first time and  how you use to enter regularly .

Great Thanks

Elite II

Hi krisjack23

You are most welcome .. so can I assume you're able to enter the correct password !