Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
andyp73
My Device: 9360

Selling my 9360

hello i wanted some help if possible im selling my 9360 on os 7. I have already cancelled my BIS data plan with o2 and changed to a different web tarriff for an android phone. The thing is ive not yet wiped my phone of any of the information can anyone help me on how to erase all of my personal data including contacts, bbm contacts, photos ect.. or can i not do that now that i have cancelled my data plan? there is no sim insterted and the signal bar says OFF so there isnt an active internet connection there.

thankyou

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Selling my 9360

Perform a security wipe on the device:  To perform a Security Wipe, see KB14058.

Also, you might read this:  Article ID: KB28225 BlackBerry smartphone must be security wiped before transferring ownership

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
andyp73

thanks that makes for an interesting read, so now on os 7 if you security wipe a device the device autiomatically knows you have done that and the new user wont get any emails or anything from the old users information?

Will this process all still work without me having active BIS on the device as like i mentioned my tarriff has changed and isnt a blackberry plan no more.

Does the security wipe also stil work in the same way without an active internet connection will that delete all my personal data?
JSanders

The security wipe will delete all personal preferences, addresses, contacts, messages, SMS, calendar, etc ., from the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
andyp73

and it will still work and clear out all my info even without there being a data plan on?

and also as above the security wipe now stops my emails getting sent to the new device in that BIS update? or have i misunderstood that.

JSanders

Yes to both questions, the security wipe it basically like a "factory reset".

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
andyp73

thats a nice touch by RIM to now incorporate the security wipe with a new user and not recieve their old emails like it used to in some cases on older blackberrys ive had!

Ok so ive security wiped and its come up with the terms & conditions and set up page so this now means by device is 100% data free like new? And no old data contacts pictures ect..can be restored on the device without me loading a physical back up? Just want to be 100% before sending it off.

Thanks
JSanders

Yep, sounds right!

Did you have pictures or anything personal saved to the Media Card? You might remove it, or connect to a PC and double check that the Media Card was wiped as well (it's an option in the Security Wipe, but sometimes it is missed and not checked).

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
andyp73

No mate the memory card and my sim card are both in my android phone. The blackberry has no sim card, no data plan (bis) or memory card insterted. I forgot to do the wipe before i deactivated my BIS so all my contacts and bookmarks and my BBM contacts all remained. Obviously now ive done the security wipe they have all gone! Is that permanent now ive done that? There no possible way of that data appearing back on the phone, say if the next user activates there BIS it wont then sync back onto the device will it? Sorry for the stupid questions i just like to be clear.

Thank you
JSanders

No, your email and stuff won't magically reappear on the phone for a new user of that device.

Knowledge Base Updates