Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
njproudmama
My Device: Not Specified

Sending Pictures

I am new here and am hoping you guys can help.  I have Sprint as my carrier, I was wondering how do I send pictures from my Black Berry Curve. I take a picture I go to the picture that I want to send and then I click the Blackberry key I only have a choice to send it as a email my friend who has the same phone has the option of sending a MSM and can send pictures via text and I was wondering how do I get this option on my phone. I hope I make sense.  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Sending Pictures

njproudmama wrote:
I go to the picture that I want to send and then I click the Blackberry key I only have a choice to send it as a email my friend who has the same phone has the option of sending a MSM and can send pictures via text

Does your carrier contract allow you to send MMS ? Have you tried sending an MMS before ? Sometimes, MMS must be activated once by the subscriber.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
njproudmama

I don't even have the mms option how do I activate it?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

call your carrier, or go to your client page on your carrier's website.
Then you'll be able to activate the MMS on your mobile phone account.
Usually, the carrier sends you a special SMS that will set your mobile phone and you'll be able to send MMS.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
mk
New Contributor
mk

I have the same phone.  You must send pics via email.  I had the same issue and it took 2 days pluse over an hour on the phone with Sprint to figure it out.  From what I was told this phone and Sprint does not have MMS capability that's why pics are sent via email only.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

mk wrote:
From what I was told this phone and Sprint does not have MMS capability that's why pics are sent via email only.

I don't know... it doesn't make sense. I live in France and all carriers and all recent phones can send and receive MMS. I have read that in 2006 there were more than 40 millions MMS sent in the US. How come a carrier could block that ?

I can send MMS from my Curve.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
njproudmama

I too have spent some time on the phone with Sprint to find out the exact same thing but this girl kept saying Blackberry doesn't support MMS and I kept telling her but I know people that have the same phone and it has MMS and the online user guide at sprint.com says it does and it was just a big argument and I hung up. So apparently you can only email pics which I think is the dumiest thing ever!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rugarcia

It's not a BlackBerry issue. The problem is that Sprint does not allow MMS. You need to send the pic or video via email.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

I agree with xanderx, especially because you don't have the icon, I don't believe you have that option active in your plan with your carrier
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.