Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
lulu555
My Device: Not Specified

Sending back the Storm for the Curve 8330

I'm sending back the "storm". After buying the storm, I was very disapointed with the model. I called Verizon the other day and I'm sending it back for a Curve 8330.

I'm told the Curve had a recent patch and these days there isn't too much to be concerned with as the Curve went through it's quirky period.

Anyone have any comments as to what to expect.  
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
richmondva

Re: Sending back the Storm for the Curve 8330

LuLu:

I did the exact same thing in January -- best BB decision of my life!! The curve rocks for me and I am extremely pleased with it - my only regret is that I struggled with The Storm for 20 days!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lulu555

Rich:

Thank you for the reply. That really helps alot!!!! I'm suppose to get the curve tomorrow. Not sure if UPS delivers on Presidents Day. I cannot wait.

The storm was just too much. Between not being able to pick up calls (who the heck knows why the button never worked) and between when I was on the phone half the time the other person could never hear me for some reason, I just couldn't take it anymore. Along with these problems came the constant black screen for no good reason and overall, I just had enough when my media files suddendly didn't work. I called Verizon and they did not even blink to give me another version of the blackberry.

But tell, me how do you like it thus far? Anything I should be aware of?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BBCherry
My Device: Curve 8330 Red

I really wanted the Storm too, it would have been my first BB.  But everything I read about it seemed to indicate that it was a great idea but came preloaded with frustration.  If it would have seemed to be a winner I would have switched from Sprint to Verizon just to get one. 

In the end I decided to stay with Sprint and switch from my old Centro to a Curve.  Bad news first:  my trackball did not work properly from day one and got to: "would not go right at all" by day 3.  I googled and found the cure.  The desktop software does not play nice with my Vista laptop.  I don't have that solved yet but I am certain that it will be resolved soon.  The BB Browser seems kind of slow in comparison to the browser on my Centro but the size and clarity of the screen makes it all worth it.

Everything else is very cool IMO.  I love the way it converges all of my messages.  Beautiful screen.  Easy to one-hand many things.  I am looking forward to customizing it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ZeldaMc

I  like my Sprint Curve which I've owned since Feb 13 - I did have 1-2 glitches after Twitter install and with GPS but Sprint support was very good. Seems like "clearing the log" is the ultimate fix when application doesn't work. The Storm was $100 more expensive!
Please use plain text.