Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

mk
New Contributor
mk
My Device: Not Specified

Sending videos with Blackberry 8330 curve

I have a Blackberry 8330 curve through Sprint and have no idea how to send videos.  I finally figured out how to send pics via email but when I try the same with sending videos via email as an attachment they cant be opened/viewed or even go through.  I have tried it numerous times with my friend who also has the same phone but is with AT&T and nothing is working.  Please help.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Sending videos with Blackberry 8330 curve

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

You didn't say what type of video format you are using. If using the video camera it is in .3GP format. This can be sent to a PC and played via quicktime (I'm sure there are others). It can be sent to a Curve as well.

To play a video in the proper format when sent via email to a curve you just click the trackball on the attachment and select play attachment.

You said "or even get through" is your friend getting the email and attachment? or just an email without an attachment or nothing at all?

I am attaching a list of supported audio and video formats for Blackberry for operating systems 4.2 and later.

Please read the link and let me know if you are having problems with a supported format. Also please tell me what OS you and your friend are using.

Let me know!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=5162&query.id=20754#M...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter