Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Separate message and email icons / inboxes

When I set up email (gmail ) on my BB Curve 8900 I ended up with one message icon / inbox labeled Messages and another labeled ( xxx@gmail.com ).  Both receive all my email.  The message icon also has text messages.  I have read the posts about changing the SMS and Email Inboxes to Separate and have done that, but I see no difference.  Both inboxes still receive all my emails.  How can I stop this and clear out the duplicate emails?  I want to have the inboxes separate so I can more easily see the SMS messages and I don't want to copies of the emails since I assume that this is taking storage space.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Separate message and email icons / inboxes

If you have the setup to separated, all the mails goes to the main message folder and all the SMS goes to the SMS icon folder, can you see the SMS icon on your device?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yes, I do have an icon that says SMS and MMS and has only "text" messages in it.  Now the question is how to get rid of the icon / inbox that says Messages and has both old text messages and emails in it.  I also hae another icon / inbox labeled with my gmail address that has all my emails also.  I want to keep this one and get rid of the other one which has duplicates of all my emails.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Go to the icon you don't want, press menu and press hide.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.