Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Separating Enterprise Server Email from Messaging and other email accounts

Hello,

My work just set up my enterprise email messaging today, and all of my emails are being placed under the "catch all" "messages icon".  So my work email is interdisperesed between my text messages, comcast email, etc. I noticed that I can select "view folder" then "inbox" and it gives me my work email inbox, but those are extra steps that I would like to avoid.  Is it possible to create a separate icon for just the enterprise email account?  I notice a software package called empower (http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php), but my IT guys said that they weren't sure about the software.

Thanks in advance!

TK

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Separating Enterprise Server Email from Messaging and other email accounts

Unfortunatly no. You described the issue to the T. The Messages icon is a catch all. You can seperate out other accounts into different icons, but not the BES account. Empower BES MailBox is a good application and works well. But if you cant use that you can create a custom search that allows hot-key access to just your BES email.

1. Open Messages, display the menu, and select Search.
  2. Modify the following fields while leaving anything not mentioned blank or unchanged from default.
    Service: Desktop
    Show:    Received Only
  3. Display the menu and select Save.
  4. Pick a title and shortcut key. (I used L for Lotus Notes)
  5. Display the menu and select Save.
Now when ever your at the Message screen you can press ALT+L (or what ever shortcut key you selected) and you will get a view with only your work messages showing.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Verizon 8330

d_fisher 

That is an awesome solution to a issue i know that all us BES users have - we should have a sticky at the top with solutions like that...

Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Once you set up the searches, how do you delete them?  Ever since i set up a search I am not getting e-mails on my BB from one of my email accounts. 
New Contributor
My Device: Curve #8330

I just got a new Curve and changed the Theme Controlled option to separate which gave me another icon and option for my SMS and MMS messages.  Is that not an option to correct the problem, too?  I have had a Treo for 4 years so I am so in the learning stages.  You will see me here LOTS.

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

To delete a Saved Search just do the following:

1. Go into Messages, click the menu key and select Search
  2. Hit the menu key in this search screen and choose Recall
  3. Select the search you want to delete and choose Delete Search
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.