Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
hoeffnerd
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Seperate BES mail from internet mail

Upon completion of the "enterprise activation" we realized that the mail coming through to my phone via the enterprise server was only available through the messages folder. With the messages folder holding mail from my other two internet e-mail accounts, it gets rather busy there. How do I seperate out my BES mail?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Seperate BES mail from internet mail

There is not a way to do this natively on the device. There is a third-party program available called Empower BES MailBox that separates the BES mail from the regular BIS mail. Check it out here:

http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mike1969

Have just purchased a Bold 9000 and quite dissapointed that this is not a standard feature(my first BB).

Surely it is common sense to provide this featue as I don't want to have to sift through all my mails and figure out which ones are BES/BIS. BTW empower does not work on later versions of th BB O/S. Come on guys, sort it out...! Either buy up empower and incorporate it into your device where it can be kept up to date with your more than ample resource, or build something that is a bit more focused for customer needs.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

are you aware that anyway you will only have one From: address ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jbeachy

Xandrex -- I thought I always understood what you meant and you are always right on target :-) 

But this time I'm stymied.... "only one From: address" ?  I have BES and three others BIS accounts on my Verizon 8330 Curve, and all emails are transmitted with the appropriate "from" address.  I use Empower BES Mailbox as noted elsewhere in this thread; whether composing in BES Mailbox, any of the BIS mailboxes, or the main BlackBerry mailbox, there's always option at the top of the screen to choose the "from" account from among the available accounts.  (It defaults to the mailbox in use but you can choose any.)  The outgoing "from" field always respects the individual settings for the selected account.  I must be missing what you are saying...?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

jbeachy,

I was replying to mike1969 who can't use Empower BES Mailbox on the OS version 4.5

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.