Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
rybarc7

Server/Outlook

If i have my outlook set to leave messages on the server and delete after 1 day, will my messages that I've not checked on outlook stay on there for more than a day? If i see them on my BB and erase on divice only, will they stay on my server if i dont open outlook and download them? I've never dealt with this and am leaving the office for a few days and don't want to loose emails.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Server/Outlook

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Are you setup BES or BIS?

Are you talking about an MSEXCHANGE server at work or a pesonl email account, ie gmail, yahoo.ect.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rybarc7

I think talking with jsanders, we determined it is a bes and its a work server that has a work domain and I use outlook.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

If that is the case, your emails should go to your desktop outlook and the device as well. If you delete an email on your BB now, does it delete on your desktop as well?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rybarc7

Thanks for you prompt reply. I know it goes to both my bb and outlook, but my question is if i see an email, delete from my bb only, will that email stay on the server for more than a day un till i download into outlook?

Thanks and going to bed soon.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Well you didn't answer my question as to whether If you delete message on the BB does it delete on your desktop.

Therefore I suggest that while you are on the road, you set Leave messages on the server to forever. Then change it

when you return. Then you will be sure of having not lost a message.

Thanks

Please resolve the post, then have a good night's rest! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.