Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sarahhillsa
My Device: Curve 9300

Server timing out when I try and install App world, Facebook or Twitter

Hi

I have a curve 9300 and the DTS upgraded the software from OS5 to OS6 which resulted in the phone becoming increasingly unresponsive, spending loads of time buffering or waiting for it to respond and not being able to use the Internet Browser at all as the pages were always "Too Large" so they got closed down.

I have just downgraded the software back to OS5 to try and free up some of the application memory on the phone in the hope that it will work faster. It is slightly better and not as sluggish but it now won't let me download app world, Facebook or Twitter. It keeps jumping to a page that says that the server has timed out. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and individual apps, battery pull and tried doing it via my laptop - none of this is working and I am losing patience fast. The phone is about to be thrown off the balcony - can anybody help me? I have no idea what to do!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kartikeyabhargava95
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Server timing out when I try and install App world, Facebook or Twitter

Hi, 

Make sure that the software while upgrading and downgrading was from your service providers official site. If not, go to the following link :

http://in.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

Now, if you have already upgraded and downgraded the software, and tried battery pulls. The only problem that i can think of for browser time out's could be with the service books.

Open the link and follow the instructions:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=FAA7D6BA303A725FD73A92C596891272?...

If your query is resolved then please click on - 'Accept as Solution'
Thank You.
Please use plain text.