Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
seanfitzgerald1
My Device: Not Specified

Set up wrong e-mail setting now cant remove!

I have a new balackberry 8310 and on 1st set up i installed the enterprise serve option which is wrong but now i cannot uninstall! tried rest and wipe but this will not remove the settings can any one help!
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Set up wrong e-mail setting now cant remove!

Were you installing the Desktop Manager or going through the setup wizard on the device and chose the Enterprise Server option?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
seanfitzgerald1

Re: Set up wrong email setting now can't remove!

Yes it was the set up of the blackberry not the desktop.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Re: Set up wrong e-mail setting now cant remove!

Which settings are you trying to remove them?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor
seanfitzgerald1

Enterprise Server option on the blackberry as my company doesn't run a blackberry server 
Elite I
jmrmb80

[ Edited ]

The option will always be on the BlackBerry. You can't delete it.

Are you trying to get your personal or work email on the device?

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 09-19-2008 12:14 PM
New Contributor
seanfitzgerald1

Personal email at the moment,but once the option has been picked it cant be reversed.
Elite I
jmrmb80

[ Edited ]

If you just tried inputting an email address and password and tried to activate it, you would've got an error. That wouldn't affect anything on the device. If you just want to setup your personal email, just log onto your carrier's BIS site and setup the account:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=13773&query.id=239348...

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 09-19-2008 12:43 PM
New Contributor
seanfitzgerald1

sorry whats BIS site, what i want to do is log in my details to the blackberry so it picks up my e-mails? 
Elite I
jmrmb80

That's your carrier's website. Click the link in the post I posted before this one to find list of common BIS carrier websites