Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Setting Custom Ringtones

I can't imagine which step I am missing, but I will try again tomorrow once I have cleared my frustrations.

The profile was taking over the sounds for the entire Normal profile despite being set for From: <NAME> here.

Felt like pulling my hair out. It's not that important, but thought it would be nice for the Mrs. so I would be sure to check the txt msg just a little faster. :smileyvery-happy:

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

just remember at the very end to go back and active the normal or loud profile (something other than the profile you created)   talk to you tomorrow

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Nurse Berry,

I too am trying to figure this out, but have been confused.  I'm not worried so much about setting up custom SMS yet, just trying to figure out how to set a custom ring tone.  I edited my contact to add custom ring tone and it doesn't work.  Is there something else I need to be doing?

I do want to eventually figure out how to customize SMS tones, but have some questions on the instructions.  (Yes, I have read and re-read them numerous times and am still missing something)  First off, for changing the custom SMS tone, the first instruction is to name it after the "targeted sender"...is this the contact name you want the tone for?  Second, when it's stated to check the "exceptions" does this mean under profiles?  Third, when I'm creating the "New Profile" does any of the current profiles need to be highlighted? 

TElliott

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

[ Edited ]

Hey TELLIOTT

I want to apologize to you, I didnt see this post. I have since talked to you via PM.  

Maybe you can post how this all worked out for others that may be reading this!!  

Thank you again, and thanks for the message, I am usually not like that to "not see" a post !! Especially addressed to me!!!  Blessings to you my friend! 

Message Edited by cathlabnurse on 04-15-2009 09:20 PM

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Quite all right!

I will mention that the one problem I was having was saving a ringtone for a contact I had listed as 911, ICE.  Apparently it did not want to allow me to customize the ringtone.  It saved under the contact setting and I could see the ringtone listed, but when this contact called it was my standard ring tone.

I ended up creating a new contact with just their normal name and phone number, saved the ring tone and it worked.  So anyone having problems may want to see how their contact is set up and ultimately try "recreating" that contact and saving it again.

Now custom ring tones and other tones (SMS, MMS, etc.) are customized as well.  Kudos to all of you for these posts...you guys are great!

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Is it possible to get the Messenger alerts to be contact specific?  I was able to get the SMS to work but I really want to have the Blackberry Messenger to match the SMS alert for specific contacts.
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

On a slightly different note, how can I set an mp3 as my SMS tone? On Profiles / Advanced, when I try to change my SMS tone I only get the list of preloaded tones. And when I go to the mp3 I want and try to set it as my SMS tone I only get the option to set it as a ringtone.

Or, what is the file format required to add it to the ringtones folder?

Thanks