Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

LBorges
My Device: Curve

Setting up Google Apps email account on Blackberry Curve

I have been trying to set up google apps email account on my new Blackberry Curve. I have no issues setting up my personal Gmail account but cannot get it to accept google apps account which I use for business. Help.....!
Leisa Borges
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Setting up Google Apps email account on Blackberry Curve

Lisa,

How are you setting up your email account? Are you using your carrier's BIS website or do you mean with the Gmail application for Blackberry? What phone model do you have 83XX and what OS are you running on your phone (go to Options>About) -- 4.X.X.XXX?

Provide a little more info on what exactly you did and I'm sure somebody on these forums will be able to help you out :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

is it not validating or just not adding at all? any errors?
AddyEssy
My Device: Curve 8520

I saw the previous posting, but didn't see response or answer.  I have a Blackberry 8520.  I am using the gmail setup on my Blackberry to set up email.  I already have personal email acct set up.  I have entered in the email address, the user name and the password for google app.  When I enter user name/password, I get an "Invalid user name or password" error message.  Help?

Addy

Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

AddyEssy wrote:

I saw the previous posting, but didn't see response or answer.  I have a Blackberry 8520.  I am using the gmail setup on my Blackberry to set up email.  I already have personal email acct set up.  I have entered in the email address, the user name and the password for google app.  When I enter user name/password, I get an "Invalid user name or password" error message.  Help?

Addy

Welcome to the forums :smileyhappy:

Try unlocking the account using google captcha: https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Login at this site and hopefully it should work after that.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)