Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
chris644
My Device: Curve 9310

Shift icon in the top right corner of screen? Help please

Hey everybody, I have a question here. I've been getting a random problem on my curve 9310, and was wondering if anyone else had the problem or knows how to fix it. In the top right corner of my screen there's an icon, and it looks like its the shift/caps key icon, just aA^ (up arrow). The touchpad works, and I can scroll around, but the touchpad button or the enter button to open an application does not work, nor do any of the other keys. If I pull the battery and restart the phone, its still been doing that, and if I don't touch it and the screen fades to black, when I touch the buttons, its like the phone is off. I had this problem earlier in the week and it fixed itself, but its been doing it again. Any ideas on whats causing this, or how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Shift icon in the top right corner of screen? Help please

Hi chris644 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

This icon in the top right corner you are seeing indicates that the caps lock has been enabled. If you press the shift button again, this should remove the icon from the top of the screen.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chris644

Thanks for the response. The phone started working for most of the week, now the caps lock key is on again. I pressed it multiple times/pulled the battery to try and get it to work right, but im having the same problem. The screen goes black and I have to restart the phone if i dont touch the keypad for a few seconds. I wonder if the button is getting stuck somehow. It doesn't look like it, but maybe ill try and take the phone apart.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chris644

Its basically  that when the caps lock/shift key icon is on, the only other thing on the phone that works is the touchpad, to scroll through the icons, but no buttons work or anything, and nothing can be opened. Even if the phone rings, I can't answer or ignore it, etc.

Please use plain text.