Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
TheLittleWaster
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Re: Side volume keys and left convenience key not working!!!

I'm having a similar issue with the lock key on the top left of the device, I downloaded the latest software today, prior to that I was able to hold the lock key and when I wanted to get back into the handset it would ask for my password, since the s/w download, it just locks the keypad, getting back in it doesn't ask for the password, the only way I can lock it like before is to use the 'password lock' icon in the menu, which is a faff on, any advice?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

TheLittleWaster wrote:

I'm having a similar issue with the lock key on the top left of the device, I downloaded the latest software today, prior to that I was able to hold the lock key and when I wanted to get back into the handset it would ask for my password, since the s/w download, it just locks the keypad, getting back in it doesn't ask for the password, the only way I can lock it like before is to use the 'password lock' icon in the menu, which is a faff on, any advice?

Hello,

No...there is no advice, for there is nothing broken. The function of that key was changed in the core OS. You now must use the "Password Lock" icon on the homescreen.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
TheLittleWaster
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

this is what I thought, but my partner has the same handset, with the same OS, and that function works like it used to, pressing the lock key at the top, it asks for the device password when one wants to get back into the menu etc. it's puzzling. :smileyindifferent: